Our mission is to enhance the ongoing regeneration of the wider Brent Cross Cricklewood regeneration area through the creation of jobs, apprenticeships, training and new business opportunities. Alongside this, we support programmes that enable local people to be inspired to take on new challenges and develop new skills and programmes that promote health and wellbeing.
As part of our commitment we specifically look to work with organisations that meet one of these three criteria:
We support organisations that actively engage with young people within the Barnet area. This is particularly targeted at providing new opportunities for children to undertake activities beyond the school gates, as well as supporting 16-24 year olds in further education or into work and creating opportunities for young people to develop new skills.
We work with local businesses and new enterprises to provide training and support, with the wider aim of promoting businesses within the Barnet area and providing new job opportunities for local residents.
Health and wellbeing
We work with organisations that promote healthy living and local wellbeing in Barnet, with a particular focus on older residents.
Achievements to date
- We have worked with Urban Land Institute, Enabling Enterprise, Barnet EBP and Inspire to deliver a school engagement programme in local schools
- We have funded and supported social enterprises and charities in Barnet
- We have worked with London Borough of Barnet and Middlesex University to deliver an enterprise programme
- We have worked with London Borough of Barnet to deliver local enterprise events
- We have placed 326 candidates into work with Brent Cross employers; 83% of them being Barnet residents who were previously unemployed
- We have held a number of recruitment events
- We have run a number of pre-employment sector-based work academy programmes with Hospitality House, part of Barnet & Southgate College